The International Program in Buddhist Studies, Mahidol University, is holding an Intensive Sanskrit Reading Retreat in Huahin, Thailand in February. Here are the details:
- Dates: 17–24 February 2016. We arrive at the premise on 17th and depart on 24th (no readings on those two days).
- Location: Sea Pine Golf and Hotel Huahin (Their official website http://www.seapine.in.th has been under maintenance. In the meantime, we may refer to their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SeapineHuahin.)
- We will read the following texts:
- Kei Kataoka will lead reading the Khyātivāda of Bhaṭṭa Jayanta's Nyāyamañjarī.
- Florinda de Simini, the Śivadharmottara on jñānayoga in chapters 3–10
- Andrey Klebanov and Victor D'avella, the Jānakīharaṇa of Kumāradāsa, a post-Kālidāsa and possibly pre-Bhāravi mahākāvya
- Claudio Cicuzza, the Laghutantraṭīkā (only for one afternoon)
- Mattia Salvini, the Prasannapadā of Candrakīrti, a commentary on the Mūlamadhyamikakārikā
- Greg Seton, the Sāratamā of Ratnākaraśānti, a commentary on the Aṣṭasāhasrikāprajñāpāramitāsūtra
Please write to Mattia Salvini (prasajya[at]gmail.com) or Kengo Harimoto (k.harimoto[at]gmail.com) if you want to join.